If you’re experiencing issues connecting your DJI Mavic Air to your controller, there are a few things you can try. In this article, we’ll outline the most common solutions to connect your Mavic Air to your controller.
1. Check if Your Controller is Supported
Make sure that your controller is supported by the Mavic Air. Not all controllers are compatible with the Mavic Air, so be sure to consult the DJI website for a list of compatible controllers. If you’re using a third-party controller, make sure it’s also compatible with the Mavic Air before trying to connect it.
2. Check if Your Cord Is plugged in Properly
Make sure that your cord is plugged into the correct outlet and into the Mavic Air itself. Verify that the battery is fully charged before trying to connect your controller.
3. Try Resetting Your Controller
If all of the above steps fail to connect your Mavic Air to your controller, you may need to reset your controller. To do this, hold down the power button for two seconds until the light turns off and then on again.
If none of these solutions work, please reach out to DJI support for further assistance.
How Do I Connect My DJI Mavic Air Controller?
To connect your DJI Mavic Air controller, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the DJI Mavic Air app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the “Controllers” tab.
3. Tap the “Add a Controller” button.
4. Enter the controller’s unique ID number, which can be found on the back of the controller or on its packaging.
5. Tap OK to add the controller to your account.
6. Tap the “Connect” button to connect to the controller.
7. If your controller is connected, you’ll see a green light on the DJI Mavic Air app and on your controller.
If you still can’t connect your controller, please reach out to DJI support for further assistance.
How Do I Reset My Mavic Air Controller?
If you are having trouble connecting your Mavic Air controller to your drone, there is a chance that you may need to reset it. To reset your controller, follow these steps:
1. Remove the battery and SD card from the controller.
2. Power off the drone and controller by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
3. Remove the battery and SD card from the controller again, and hold down both buttons for two seconds until you see a blue light turn on.
4. Hold down both buttons again until you see a green light turn on, and then release them both.
5. Insert the battery and SD card back into the controller, power on the drone and controller, and try to connect to it using your phone or another device.
How Do I Update My Mavic Air Controller?
If your Mavic Air controller is outdated, you may experience issues with connecting to the drone. To update your controller, follow these steps:
1. Unplug the controller from the drone and power it off by pressing and holding down the power button for five seconds.
2. Open the DJI Go app and sign in. If you have not already downloaded it, tap Download now at the top of the home screen.
3. Tap Controller on the left side of the app window and select Update Controller.
4. Tap Download Firmware next to your Mavic Air controller’s model number to download the firmware file.
5. Tap OK on the confirmation message that appears when you finish downloading the firmware file.
6. Connect your Mavic Air controller to a computer with a standard USB cable (not a Type-C cable). The computer should be set up to recognize files with an .exe extension (.exe is Windows-speak for an executable file).
7. Double-click on the firmware file that you downloaded in step 4 and follow instructions onscreen to install it onto your controller.
Why Is My Drone Blinking Red?
If your drone is blinking red, it may be indicating a problem with the connection between the drone and controller. There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the issue:
1. Make sure that both devices are properly charged. The drone’s battery may be low, or the controller may not be receiving enough power from the battery.
2. Try connecting the drone to another controller or computer to see if that resolves the issue. If not, try reconnecting everything again and retrying the flight once more.
3. Try removing any obstructions between the drone and controller (such as tree branches) and re-connecting them if necessary.
What Does Fn Button on DJI Controller Do?
When the controller is turned on, it will search for any connected devices. If the DJI Mavic Air is not detected, then the controller will give an error message. When connecting to a Mavic Air, make sure that it is turned on and in range of the controller.
The Fn button on the controller can be used to toggle between flight modes. In Sport mode, pressing Fn will start or pause filming; while in Auto mode, pressing Fn will take you to a home screen with various options.
How Do I Connect My DJI Mavic Air 2 To My Controller?
To connect your DJI Mavic Air 2 to your controller, follow these steps:
1. Plug in the controller and the Mavic Air 2.
2. Turn on the Mavic Air 2.
3. Press and hold the controller’s “joystick” button until the LED on the controller blinks green three times, then release it.
4. The Mavic Air 2 will start flashing blue, which means it is scanning for controllers. Keep holding down the joystick button until it finds your controller and starts displaying information about it on the screen.
5. If your controller doesn’t have a LED, it might have a Bluetooth symbol on its back or front. Look for a blue light coming from its bottom end and touch it to the Mavic Air 2’s screen. The controller will be added to the list of devices in the DJI Go app.